Cancellation Notice: Agricola (EBSCO)
Rationale for Cancellation of Library Resource
June 8, 2016
Title of resource: Agricola (EBSCO)
Cost of resource: $2,278 USD
Reasons for Cancellation:
- Duplicates access available via other platforms.
- In the period 2013-2015, approximately 8.5 times more Agricola searches conducted in ProQuest than in EBSCO (288,189 vs 34,004).
Date Access Will Cease:
- July 31st, 2016
- Agricola (ProQuest) - http://search.proquest.com/agricola?accountid=11233
- Agricola (USDA National Agricultural Library) - http://agricola.nal.usda.gov/
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Criteria for Cancellation of Electronic Resources
Cancellation decisions are in most cases based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Cost: The inflationary costs of scholarly information continue to rise annually. In addition, the Library’s budget is particularly impacted by currency fluctuations (over half of the Library’s scholarly resources are paid for in U.S. funds)
- Overlap: Significant content overlap with other Library resources
- Usage: Past usage of the resource by University of Guelph (including University of Guelph Humber) students, faculty and staff
- Scholarly need: Alignment of a resource with the University’s curricular and research programs; The scholarly importance of the resource (its centrality to the discipline and to accreditation requirements); the Library will prioritize keeping full-text (e.g. journal subscriptions) over indexes (e.g. BIOSIS, Communications Abstracts)
The decision to cancel a resource is made only after considerable discussion and exploration of alternatives - for more detailed information on the process followed, please refer to the library's Collection Policy.