Cancellation Notice - Comparative European Politics
Cost of resource: $682 US
Reasons for cancellation: Low usage
Date access will cease: 2020 publication year
Alternate resources: This title will continue to be available via the ABI Inform database for all but the most recent year’s articles.
As this is a single-title journal, impact to users should be very minimal. The library subscribes to a large volume of online journals across the disciplines of political science, comparative politics, and area studies. Articles from these fields can continued to be accessed through the key articles databases for these fields:
- Worldwide Political Science Abstracts
- PAIS International
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.
General Criteria for Cancellation of Electronic Resources
Cancellation decisions are in most cases based on one or more of the following criteria:
· Cost: The inflationary costs of scholarly information continue to rise annually. In addition, the Library’s budget is particularly impacted by currency fluctuations (over half of the Library’s scholarly resources are paid for in U.S. funds)
- Overlap: Significant content overlap with other Library resources
- Usage: Past usage of the resource by University of Guelph (including University of Guelph Humber) students, faculty and staff
- Scholarly need: Alignment of a resource with the University’s curricular and research programs; The scholarly importance of the resource (its centrality to the discipline and to accreditation requirements); the Library will prioritize keeping full-text (e.g. journal subscriptions) over indexes (e.g. BIOSIS, Communications Abstracts)