Open Education Week 2020
Join the library for a series of events focused on open education
Open education week is an annual event developed to raise awareness and showcase the impact of open education on learning and teaching across the world. This year, Open education week runs from March 2 to 6, 2020. As a supporter of open initiatives on campus, the library has a variety of events and workshops focused on open.
Open Education Global defines open education as “resources, tools and practices that employ a framework of open sharing to improve educational access and effectiveness worldwide.” As such, open educational materials are accessible to everyone and are freely available, removing the barriers to education.
Throughout March we’ll be hosting a variety of open education-focused events and workshops. Join us on March 3, 2020 from 1 to 3 p.m. on the first floor to chat with some open education experts and learn more about open initiatives at U of G. Other open education events happening this year at the library include:
- Playing with Pressbooks Publishing Software (Beginner) — March 4, 2020, from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
- Playing with Pressbooks Publishing Software (Intermediate) — March 18, 2020, from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Are Your Educational Resources Open to Users with Disabilities (Beginner) — March 5, 2020, from 1:30 to 3 p.m.
- Using Qualtrics Software in the Classroom for Student Engagement— March 6, 2020, from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Finding Openly Licensed Content for Your Classroom: Business and Economics— March 11, 2020, from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Finding Openly Licensed Content for Your Classroom: Biological Sciences— March 19, 2020, from 2 to 3:30 p.m.
For a complete list of all events happening at the library, please visit our Workshops & Events page.
Have a question? Ask us!