Smibert Family fonds
- Letter from Thomas Smibert (Peebles Scotland) to brother James Smibert (London, Upper Canada) dated 29 March 1825 regarding Thomas' leather tanning business.
- Letter from Thomas to James dated 14 August 1828 updating James on family news and the tannery's economic troubles.
- Letter from Thomas to James dated August 1833 updating family matters.
- Letter from Thomas Jr. to uncle James dated 30 September 1840 informing James of the death of Thomas Sr.
- Letter to Elizabeth Smibert Harrision from cousin Margaret in Scotland dated July 1863 regarding Elizabeth's father's death. Only 1 page of letter survives.
- Letter from George Smibert in Scotland (youngest son of James in Canada) to family in Canada dated 11 July 1869 regarding his visit to Edinburgh and his return to Canada.
- Letter from James (nephew of pioneer James in Canada) in Westpoint, Connecticut to uncle James in Canada dated 6 November 1854 regarding trip to Scotland.
- Story of James Lambert (Smibert) from Chambers Edinburgh Journal (vol 5 no 239, 27 August 1836).
- A Story about James Smibert entitled "Things As They Are In America" from Chambers Journal of Popular Literature (22 April 1854).
- Passage entitled "Visit From A Canadian Settler" from Chambers Edinburgh Journal (vol 6 no 292, 2 September 1837).
- Background about the Smibert letters from H. Marie Smibert 15 July 1981.
Type(s) Of Materials:
Unpublished Material and Manuscripts